From My Morning










Glimpses of the view of my morning.....surrounded by beauty, by the simple, by the handiwork of the creator, by the gentle easiness of routine that is never dull. There are memories too and colors, scents and sounds fill me as I take each step. It plays out for me like a song played on the piano, deep cords, the kind that stir the soul and then a more delicate harmony playing along that makes your heart soar. This is living.... so much more than just existing. Inside, it feels the same. Cool air coming through the open windows...pottery displayed on a shelf, colors rich and speak of a place I love and remind me of hours of picking blueberries with my love. Flannel shirt, jeans....passing glaces to one another over buckets filled to the brim with blue. Emery thinking of the pies, warm from the oven. I stop to remember, lingering in the moment as I spot this salt glazed piece with its blueberries painted in such a vibrant blue. I remember why I was in the dinning room in the first place, to get a bar of homemade soap from the box in the second bathroom which is at the other end of the dinning room. There are several boxes, each filled with different soaps. Which scent to get ? I choose the deep colored amber rose and sniff it deeply, remembering the day I made it and how the whole house smelled of roses that day. Life is good.

Comments

Melanie said…
Patty, could you tell me who is the maker of that beautiful pottery you have pictured? I would love to look for pieces on eBay.
Patty said…
It's from Salmon Falls Pottery
http://www.salmonfalls.com/
I just love it

Popular Posts