Thank God For Home


Thank God For Home

~Grace Noll Crowell~

I cannot thank Thee, God, enough
For this small plot of ground, this roof,
These lifted walls that close me in
And hold me tenderly; this proof
Of Thy kind care for my great need
Of shelter and of daily bread;
But oh, there are no written words -
There are no words that have been said
That could express my gratitude
For the companionship of Love
That shares my simple fare - dear God,
A gift I would be worthy of !
And I would thank Thee for the tasks;
A fire to tend, a loaf to bake,
A floor to sweep, a seam to sew,
A clean, white sheeted bed to make,
A lamp to light at evening time -
I thank Thee, God, for all of these:
For home, my home - for every home -
I thank Thee, God, upon my knees.

Comments

Momzoo said…
That is a beautiful poem.

It helps one see the blessings in the mundane.
Marci said…
Wonderful poem and that picture looks like the table is set just for me!!!! Beautiful picture as usual Pat!!!
What a heartfelt poem! Is it yours? That is exactly how I feel about home as well.

Blessings,
Lea
Patricia said…
Patty, I love this poem and your pictures bring such warmth to my heart. I just love the way you capture hearth and home.
Patricia

Popular Posts