Weight Watches this Week

Nothing extraordinary to report from Weight Watchers yesterday. I stayed the same. Nothing gained, but then nothing lost either. I like to think my clothes were much heavier this week than last week.
I wasn't even able to stay for the meeting this week due to Priscilla's bridal shower. Last week with Melanie in the hospital I ate out a few times and counting points were not high on my list. Grabbing that sausage biscuit at McD's was not a good move diet wise, but it tasted wonderful. Oh then there was a trip to Taco Bell. Never had time to really work out much, so it was just a no progress week for me. This week will be the same if I don't get myself in gear. Need to resuscitate my determination. I have been thinking rather along the line of vanity.....when little Mei Ling Fah or Jin Wu is born, ( the names so far)
I want to have lots of pictures with him or her, and really I don't want people saying, "oh look at those rolls and that double chin" and have them talking about me. That should be reserved for babies, not Grandmothers !

The picture has nothing to do with Weight Watchers, but its pretty. Our Yucca is in bloom and this morning it was dripping with the dew of the morning.
It was a tough day for me yesterday being at the shower. Felt so much the outsider, not fitting in any more, nor wanting to, but still feeling guilty somehow. Strange, but honest. Think it knocked me off my motivation a bit too. Can't really explain it and hard to relate unless you have been there.

Comments

Jeanne said…
It looks like the shower was a lovely event. Yes, it must have been uncomfortable to be with those ladies. It's hard to be oneself sometimes, isn't it?
:::sigh:::
{{A hug}} Jeanne
Granny said…
Patty: I understand feeling a bit out of place but you have thought long and hard about your decisions. Be proud of who you are. There are a lot of people who would stay in an uncomfortable spot in life just to keep from taking the hard step to leave the lifestyle behind.

You have had a lot on your plate (no pun intended) so I understand how WW was not a priority for you. Yep, thinking about the future pictures will be a good motivation.

Judy L.
Marci said…
I know just what you were feeling Pat. We too go back with our plain friends that we no longer go to church with and if I am in their group, I am a bit weird. If I meet one here or there it is OK, it is just when I am the minority and on their turf that I am uncomfortable.
Patty said…
I actually ended up with a headache and I don't get headaches.

It was awkward at best. Half of the ladies there never said a single word to me.

Reminds me of the old Peter Paul and Mary song about the Big Blue Frog. I kinda felt that different
And I was dressed in a JUMPER !

Popular Posts