Missing Melissa




There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss my oldest daughter Melissa. Vermont seems so far away !
She and I get to chat on line just about every day and on the phone often but its not the same as seeing her face to face.
She is kind to her mother and father and sends us pictures often, maybe not as often as I would like, since daily would be fine with me but...
Last weekend she and her husband went to Killington to some beer fest or something like that and seems they had a great time. She now says Chocolate beer is the best, think it was a honey beer too. Just not sure about it , but I would be willing to give it a try.
When I see pictures of her, all I can think of is how proud we are of who she is, the kind of person she is and the amazing work she does with wounded little ones from difficult situations in life. Its not easy to be sure.
My sister in Massachusetts sent me this picture of a tree near her, made me feel a bit homesick seeing fall colors. I can just imagine the scents of fall time and the way the air feels so crisp and clean.

A beautiful Fall tree, photo taken by my sister Jan

Melissa enjoying some sort of brew in the mountains of Vermont

Melissa standing in the wings of a Gin Blossom concert. Having a husband that is a disc jockey certainly gives you some privileges, like being back stage visiting with the group.
Thanks James for taking great pictures of Melissa !

Comments

Alena said…
hi patty,
melissa looks so beautiful on the photos! i can imagine you are missing her a lot... luckily my girlies are so small and i can keep them with me :o) - for the moment...
oh, and congratulations on melanie's pregnancy - what a great news!!!
take care.
a.
Granny said…
Melissa is so cute! I smile every time I see a picture of her.

Fall is officially here in KY too. The trees are beautiful - I can hardly drive for wanting to look all around me instead of paying attention to the traffic.

And, we have a freeze warning for tonight which means the end of the tomatoes . . thank goodness!

Judy L.
R. Aastrup said…
Hi Patty--It is beatiful here in MA this year! I love driving around these days. This morning I took pictures all around school and this afternoon I took them all around my condo. Everywhere I looked the woods were all but crying with color =)
I just came across your blog in the past couple of days & I'm enjoying it :)

(I'm about half way through your archives!)
Kelli said…
I hope you get to visit Melissa very soon Patty.
Kelli
Patty said…
Welcome Mrs G. Glad you have come to visit my blog.
JacquiG said…
Did I read that right?? Chocolate beer???? I've had honey beer, there is a brand brewed locally. But I can't even image chocolate beer!

I can't imagine living that far away from my child. My son lives about an hour away and although is some ways it's not that far, it really changes how often I see him. It makes it easier for me because I can hear in his voice how happy and settled his is and that helps a lot.

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts