Just an Ordinary Day

Yesterday I had nothing to write about for this blog. I had things to do, errands to run, and chose to spend time with Melanie since she had a day off. We went shopping together, how odd it felt to be the one not pushing the grocery cart, but trailing along while she shopped. We traded places at that moment. I felt like the child shopping with an adult. Time on my hands to look at things I had never noticed before in the store. The shocking price of cigarettes. What other people had in their carts, figuring out what kind of diet they had. Most were pretty bad. It was fun just walking behind, not having to think of things I needed or plan a meal as I went along the isles.
I was also given a special gift from my dear gentle-man yesterday. He gave me a years membership to the health club. I adore working out. Love going to the gym. Its not a chore for me but a pleasure.

Just a very ordinary day. Nothing earth shattering, nothing profound. Nothing dull either. I think that sort of day is good for us. We are slave to nothing on such days.
The daytime faded into night with gradual grace. Easy conversation, a trip to Melanie and Casi's house to help them move something heavy. The short drive home, quiet and filled with a warm feeling of satisfaction for such a wonderful family. Ordinary seems to be a good thing indeed

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
Patty sounds like a wonderful day. I love it when Mama & I get to do simple things like that together. Aint it great to have a good relationship between mother & daughter!

Popular Posts