A Morning Ramble...

Emery called me over to the back door to have a look at the sunrise. Once again the beauty of creation, took my breath away. What a gorgeous sign of renewal, assurance that a new day is breaking open to us. No matter what hardships may come, there is always a new day.
This past week I have felt a real resurgence in my life regarding prayer.
Many years ago I felt like a true prayer warrior and then, slowly, this relationship of prayer faded away until it came to the point of being stale and formal. Nothing deep and personal.
I think part of my wandering and searching has been due to this lack of a personal and perhaps real connection to God. This mornings sky seemed to be for me some sort of visual from God, saying, "yes, I am here".
Many years ago, when I was in Academy I had to memorize this passage from a book called Steps to Christ. Looking at this mornings sunrise, it came back to me as so true.
"Nature and revelation alike testify of God's love. Our Father in heaven is the source of life, of wisdom, and of joy. Look at the wonderful and beautiful things of nature. Think of their marvelous adaptation to the needs and happiness, not only of man, but of all living creatures. The sunshine and the rain, that gladden and refresh the earth, the hills and seas and plains, all speak to us of the Creator's love. It is God who supplies the daily needs of all His creatures. In the beautiful words of the psalmist -
"The eyes of all wait upon Thee;And Thou givest them their meat in due season.Thou openest Thine hand,And satisfiest the desire of every living thing."Psalm 145:15, 16."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, one of my very favorite quotes from Steps to Christ. It was my mother's favorite as well --- she would repeat it during times when nature struck her in a special way: on a hike, when collecting wild flowers, when backpacking near mountain peaks. Thanks for sharing it!
Patty said…
My friend Sunny whose blog is a link on mine, we used to quote it all the time in Academy.
Sunny said…
In unison. For the fun of it. At odd times and places. No one ever tried to stop us either.
Patty said…
what fun we had Sunny, and singing hymns in the stairwells at the hospital. What a pair !
jodie said…
Beautiful sunrise Patty.

Jodie
Anonymous said…
Patty, I have just spent a quiet hour reading over some of your archives. Our family has had a challenging week and your peaceful morning rambles were the perfect recipe to make me feel restored.
Thanks. Jenny

Popular Posts