Not All Our Meals Are Fancy


It seems that most of the times I post pictures of a meal or something recently baked, its shown off in the best possible settings, but sometimes our meals are rather plain and simple. Nothing fancy with them at all.
Today was such a day. With my quilting class this afternoon at one, I had little time to prepare the perfect setting.
Emery is at work right now so lunch was for one.
Fresh Old World Rye bread from the bakery, grilled. with two round patties of Vegetarian sausage. A steaming mug of Pero, a grain like coffee substitute, with a bit of Very Vanilla soy milk in it.
My table, the brick hearth, the floor my seat. The view, rain outside the window. Delightful meal.
In the past two weeks I have noticed a huge change in how my body feels since not eating my totally healthy diet. I had been having a few Weight Watchers treats and some soda. I have felt 52 again, with achy bones in the morning and less energy than I have felt in ages. Most afternoons around 3 my mind starts to look for ways to justify a nap.
What a wake up call for me too when I took my blood pressure and noticed it had climbed up a few numbers. You are what you eat, so back to healthy once again. You would think I would learn. But guess on some things I am down right slow !

Comments

Tina Leigh said…
Looks like a fine meal to me Patty!! That sandwich made me think of something I haven't had in a long time....a tater sandwich. Yeah I know it aint good for you but good night they taste good!!
Patty said…
Oh that made me think of peanut butter with potato chips sandwich Tina, ummmm
Unknown said…
I totally agree with you and your "you are what you eat" philosophy. Even at 29, I feel so heavy and sluggish if I eat too many tasty treats. And I have a terrible sweet tooth!
JacquiG said…
Are you finding that you are not eating healthy with WW? I found the points system quite difficult to figure out sometimes. I believe that soda is not a particularly good thing to be drinking, even if it has 0 points. That could be partly why you are feeling a little sluggish.

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts