Wedding Preparations and Print Diapers


I admit, its a strange subject line...I worked on hemming all the bridesmaids sash type parts for their wedding outfits and laying them out on the quilting frame looked quite pretty.
Its a wonderful feeling having so much done and feeling on top of the preparations. Now, Friday, the day before the wedding I may feel differently. I suspect its going to be a very busy day. Last minute shopping, doing the flowers and the rehearsal, along with decorating the hall that night.
Now, for the diapers. I am a fan, no, that's not the right word, advocate might work better, for cloth diapers. The disposable diapers are just not good in my thinking, lots of trash, hold bacteria in the land fills, keeps babies bottoms too hot, that plastic seals in the heat, and my personal list of dislikes for them goes on and on. Well, I was at Targets yesterday and found these adorable print cloth diapers. Yes, I HAD to buy some, what if they all sold out, or what if they decide to not carry them ? So with hopes of being a Granny soon, I bought them, washed them and had extreme pleasure in hanging them on the line. To me there is nothing so pleasant as a clothes line filled with diapers.
I keep thinking, that by next year at this time, Emery and I could be grandparents.
What a joy it has been this week watching all my children just beam when they speak about the loves in their lives.
Tomorrow my dad and sister Sandy arrive in town. I am so anxious. Its going to be great having everyone together.
Last night Steven popped over for a couple hours and we all sat at the table, lingering, talking about the old days. The children laughing about their adventures with the pony and their buggy and many other stories.
I can see now, that Emery and I are in the place that my parents were in when my sisters and I would all sit around their dinning room table and talk about our childhood memories. You just want to sit back, smile and savor the moment. All the hard work, and the joy of parenting come together . The feeling of being blessed just fills you beyond words. It felt a bit like heaven.
Thanks children, for being so wonderful and bringing Dad and I so much joy.

Comments

Reviekat said…
Pretty sashes! The diapers are cute. I had both the girls in cloth diapers until they were potty trained. The only exception was if someone else was taking care of them.

Popular Posts