The Amish Quilt Room


A bit ago I talked about doing this guest room over in something less Amish looking but when I was working in there today, it just seemed so cozy and so cheery that it may just stay this way for a while.
This room was my boys bedroom when they were home. Its always been some sort of blue.
Part of me wanted to get away from anything tied to a life I had left but that's just silly. I like the way the quilt border looks with the color walls. The snowy white curtains and the quilts laying on the beds.
This is also the room I sew in. Maybe it will just stay this way a while longer...its o.k. to hold onto part of the past isn't it ?

Comments

Nancy said…
A little reminder of times past isn't always a bad thing. It's a very lovely room that anyone would be proud to sew in.
Reviekat said…
I love this room with its blue walls and the Amish quilts. What a lovely room in which to sew. :)
Marci said…
I love your blue room Pat. When we moved down into the new bedroom, I painted the old one blue.
Patty said…
No we were not amish, but were part of a mennonite community. My oldest son is still a member and my husband, future son in law and son all work for a mennonite mini barn business in our area. My husband was raised without electricity and running water on a wheat farm in a mennonite community.

Popular Posts