Honey BBQ Fritos, Twice a Year Treat

As best as any one in the family can recollect, twice a year, no more, no less, I buy a bag of Honey BBQ Fritos and eat them all by myself. Not in one sitting mind you, but over a period of a couple days. This bag is HANDS OFF to anyone else.
I have tried to figure out if this relationship with these tiny rectangles of honey BBQ corn flavored chips is seasonal or mood induced or what. Its remained a mystery to me.
They turn the ends of my fingers a tell tale orange-ish color. Not as bad as cheese puffs, but you can still tell I have been nibbling if you look at my fingers. Usually you can find this phenomena of color changed finger tips while I am off by myself carefully guarding this small bag of chips with a very content look on my face.
Sometimes I will buy a glass bottle of Dr Pepper. ( a can would never do) It has to be the Dublin Dr Pepper to go with it. No corn syrup in that stuff, just pure sugar. Its the original recipe, made right near us in Dublin Texas, home of Dr Pepper.
This has been my week for Honey BBQ Fritos. Stashed away on top of the Freezer. When the children were all home I had to be a bit more creative in where I hid them. After all, as a mother I might be guilted into sharing them if they found them.
So today after hard work of laying more tile, finishing up painting, which meant moving the stove and later the freezer which is very full of wedding food right now. Emery did most of the work of moving the freezer, but I did ask, how can I help and pushed a bit here and there. I did the stove by myself however.
The Fritos maybe gave me the added strength that was needed.
Now the bag lays empty, tossed in the trash as you can see in the picture. Didn't have my Dublin Dr Pepper this time so will pick one up later when I am in town. Its fun picking up a bottle of that stuff. You go to the gas station, get an iced cold bottle, have them open it for you, needs a bottle opener. No twist top on those. When Melissa comes to visit, its one of the first things we do. A moment of bonding. Got my sister hooked on them too and my best friend. Guess there will be lots of trips to the gas station soon. Everyone is coming for the wedding. Maybe I should get a case. Naw, its more fun to get them at the gas station. Its tradition.
Break is over, time to get back to painting.

Comments

Jeanne said…
Haha!

My secret indulgence is Cheetos, complete with the orange fingers! Hmmm, I haven't had them in quite a while ... maybe I'm due!!!

Jeanne :)
Nancy said…
I've never heard of Honey BBQ Fritos. I'll have to see if I can find them here. I'm like Jeanne, my favorite is Cheetos. And there's no disguising you've been eating them! When I get in the mood I have to buy one of those little tiny bags cause if I get a bigger one I'll just eat until they're gone without realizing I've done so.

Popular Posts