Its a Real Countdown Now





Today is Thursday, tomorrow is Friday and the next day is the wedding ! I am remaining calm and collected despite the fact I have not been able to reach the woman who rents the place we are having the reception. I have left messages etc but no response and I will need a key to get in there on Saturday !!!! Say a prayer if you think of it, that she calls me back or I manage to reach her.
Last night I laid in bed trying to imagine what I would do with 120 people if there was no reception hall.
The weather for the wedding is supposed to be HOT. Over 100 again.
Tomorrow, I will buy the flowers and make the bouquets etc. It seems strange saying day after tomorrow is the wedding. Its finally here.
Last night we all went out for Pizza at Cici's, everyone except Melanie and Casimir, they had a errand to run in Ft Worth. My sisters and Dad were mightily impressed by the selection of pizza's, great salad bar, dessert pizza's and pasta all for under $5 and all you can eat. I think my dad liked the dessert pizza's and the cinnamon rolls best . To top that all off on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, there is live blue grass music. A group of friends who believe in keeping alive the good old Texas music. Its really good playing and they often sing religious songs. They consented to let me take a picture of them playing.
Its wonderful having all my family around me. We talked about the good old days and remembered lots of funny stories. I wished my mom was still with us, she would have enjoyed having everyone around her.

Old time Fiddle music at Cici's
Everyone enjoying their pizza
My dad

Comments

We have a Cicis here where I live. It's our "go to" place when money is tight and we really want to go out to eat.

I take extra insulin before going. Lot of carbs. (I know, they have a salad bar but...)

Have a great day, tomorrow, Saturday, etc. I hope you have something planned for Sunday. I found the "day after the wedding" to be a little depressing after my daughter's wedding (although I probably slept all day).

Can't wait to see the photos.
JacquiG said…
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the flowers you do for the wedding. I'm getting married next year and so I'm really interested in all the arrangements you are making. I'll be thinking about you on Saturday. Wishing you and your family a wonderfully blessed day!

Jackie in ON
Anonymous said…
Oh Patty, I have butterflies in MY stomach thinking about the special wedding day! I hope the hall works out okay and that the wedding is enjoyable for all. Sit back and enjoy the ride if you can :-)
Congratulations to the bride and groom. Hope you all have a wonderful day on Saturday! It will be over all too fast. Enjoy every minute!
Best wishes, Lynda
Unknown said…
I love Cicis...I enjoy eating pizza soooo much yummy....HUgs

Popular Posts