It's Just TOO Hot

It's 2 p.m. (14:00 ) and it's this hot already. Going out to do my chores was a job done quickly and even at that I was drenched with sweat by the time I was finished . Poor Fergus ran for the shadiest spot on our land when I let him out of his pen. He chases chickens so has to be penned up when the chickens are out. His pen has shade but not as much as the spot he picked for himself. He laid down in the shade and would not move, not even to follow me around doing my chores.
I understand just how he feels. Its just too hot !


The thermometer is on our back porch, facing the house. It has the porch roof over it and not facing the sun.

Comments

Patti said…
I don't know how you people can stand this heat. It's just been extra bad everywhere this year. Seems like the weather has been very odd at least since the beginning of last year's hurricane season. There is no way I could live where I had to endure what you folks are experiencing.
Summer is by far my least favorite season. I don't do heat at all and I can't stand seeing the grass and plants turn brown and forests burn due to lack of moisture.
Patty said…
Patti, I am about at my heat tolerance levels end. I have yankee New England blood in my body and believe me it doesn't do well in the heat.
Its been so hot and dry the last two years. Not record breaking yet, but still way too hot.
The Artic Circle sounds good to me right now.
JacquiG said…
Patty, I wouldn't be able to tolerate your heat either. Do you have to deal with humidity as well? That's what I find to be the worst, when the temperature says one thing but the humidity makes it feel 5-10 degrees hotter! Our weather has been much more reasonable the last week or two. We have a few weeks in July that were at or near record breaking temperatures. Today we are expecting a high of 23 celcius. Much more tolerable! I hope your heat breaks soon.

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts