From the Attic



This week Emery was up in the attic getting some stuff down and he found some old pictures. A few of me as a child. Thought I would share this little trip down memory lane with you all.
The first picture is when I won a baby contest. I think I was 2 ish. I am on the right, holding my present and a pin wheel. I received a silver spoon that I still have. My mom is behind me.
The next picture is of me at a dancing school receital. I was a busy little bee. I took ballet lessons for 11 years and loved every minute of it. My two older sisters danced also and I couldn't wait to be on point like they were so would walk around in my bare feet, standing on my toes. Soon enough the teacher, having pity on me, ordered some very small point shoes for me from Paris. I still have my first toe shoes and am amazed at how small they are.
The third picture is of my silver spoon and my first toe shoes, well one of them anyway.
And in that same picture is my grandmother's Schollhorn & Co. buttonhole scissors.

Comments

Shellie said…
What wonderful treasures! I love seeing your old family photos as well as the new ones. Ir reminds me when I'm feeling camera shy that perhaps someday, some great, great-grand somebody might want to know what we looked like. ;)

The kitchen looks wonderful as do all of the wedding preparations.
Kelli said…
What sweet treasures! I enjoyed seeing the pictures that go along with them.

Popular Posts