Tired of Summer



By August I am usually pretty sick of summer. The heat is not my favorit thing.
Today as I was laying tile in the back hall, looking out the back door, I was imagining it was all snowy out there and that the ground was a frozen white powdery place to play. Dreaming about hot chocolate, gingerbread men, wet mittens drying by the stove. Boots lined up by the back door.
Reality set in and I shook away the day dream and saw the brown crispy grass, like hay laying on the ground. The sun beating down without mercy on the garden.
Think I will just dream about winter some more.
Our back fence line in winter
Annike peeking out of the barn, not willing to venture out
Winter on our little farm.

Comments

Kelli said…
I'm am dreaming of winter right along with you. Beautiful photos.
Kelli
Melanie said…
Do you get much snow at your home in texas?
Melanie
Marci said…
Wow, I didn't realize you got that much snow down there. What cool refreshing pictures to look at!!!
Patty said…
We don't get that much at one time very often, maybe once every year or so. Mostly its 1-2 inches a storm and gone the next day.
Melanie,
the pictures are of our land a couple years ago. Last winter we had NO real snowfall.

Popular Posts