One Day Left

There are a lot of things running through my mind today. Last minute errands, lists and more lists and so much more.
I hardly have time to think about the magnitude of tomorrow for Melanie and Casimir. A huge step for them. One that is profoundly good. But still a huge step. I wish that instead of all the preparations I could sit and just talk to them about the blessings of being married and the joy that unfolds daily.
I wish for some quiet time when I could write Melanie a letter, telling her how proud I am of her and how beautiful she is inside and out. How glad I am that she picked out a young man that is a blessing to the family.
Having everyone sit around the table each night this week, laughing, talking about memories and all the good times in life, has made me feel so content, so full. Parenting is hard work. You have to be consistent. You can't take a day off from building children's character. You have to provide them with work, with a sense of accomplishment that gives them a feeling of worth. But this week, having my children all together, seeing them as adults, all that work, all that time, all those years of homeschooling, cooking good meals for them, raising goats, taking them to church, reading book after book together and praying for them, I have seen the fruits of our labor. I feel blessed beyond words.

Comments

Unknown said…
Honey you are Blessed beyond words, you have raised wonderful children who love the Lord, enhance our world and they contribute daily to the goodness of it. I think you need to take the the time to talk with Mel and Casi if that is in your heart it will mean so much to them and write that letter to Mel she will cherish it all her life . Patty take the time to do these two things the other will follow suit...Many Blessing to the Whole Family on this beautiful day....Tina
Nancy said…
I think with your few simple words you did just tell Melanie how proud you are of her. And by your daily example you show her and Casi what a blessing married life is.

Your quiet time will come next week after the wedding is over. Then if you still feel the need to put your thoughts in a letter I think it's something that Melanie will cherish always.

I'm thinking of you and sending (((hugs)))) to be dispersed as needed.
Inga said…
I'm thinking about you and your family alot these days. I wish you all the best and have a great party!!

Inga
Lucy said…
I am just back and read that tomorrow is the big day for Melanie and Casimir. I wish you and the whole family a very happy weddingday . Enjoy every minute
:-)

Popular Posts