Busy-ness and Birthday Lists

Last night I was bone weary from all the work I had done in the kitchen. Pulling down shelves, moving the refrigerator, removing wallpaper, painting and a few other things like cooking. Emery always wonders why I do it all myself instead of waiting for him to help me, but I am just a "do it now" kind of woman.

Just before bed, I hopped in the shower didn't bother to dry off, didn't comb my hair. Put on my pajamas and simply climbed into bed. Emery says I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.
Woke up with hair that had a rather modern look, a bit of gel and it looked as though I had spent an hour styling it in the latest fashion.
By 8 am the phone was ringing. Melanie had hurt her foot and couldn't drive. She needed me to take her to Ft Worth. I dressed in 10 minutes flat. I shopped for a couple hours while she helped out another store manager for her company. Got myself a new pair of shoes, a piece of Godiva chocolate, and kept thinking about all I should be doing at home. The day was flying by. Had lunch out with Melanie and did some more shopping. We laughed, relaxed and realized it had been a while since we had a "girl day".

All I can say is that I am glad to feel so healthy and full of energy.
Its just two weeks until my birthday and I always make out a list of what I want to send to my family on the first of August. It is a bit of a joke. But since that time has arrived, Its time for me to get busy and make it out.
The list is always amusing
Starts off with the big dream items.. a Volvo station wagon, red or black. A lap top for writing my book, and ends up with things like a candle. I guess tonight I will have to get it all written out. I have not lost my childlike enthusiasm for my birthday. Cake, ice cream, candles, party hats, balloons etc are all expected !

Its now nearly 5 pm and I just picked up my mail. Two books came for me today. Timely, oh yes. I was just about to don my painting clothes and get down to business. The books pulled me closer to them. The titles alone, making me wistful for a time of doing nothing.
Tomorrow, yes, tomorrow I will read them while sipping iced tea and laying in the grass watching the clouds roll by.

New books.....
The Art of Doing Nothing
The Art of Imperfection




Comments

Popular Posts