We Are Designers

I get busy with things...especially this time of the year. I even get busy thinking and trying to figure out what life is about. It seems my brain has a hard time relaxing. I want to solve lifes problems, world problems, and make sure there is nothing I am missing. The world we live in is such an exciting amazing place. New things to learn each and every day. So many books to read that enlighten us, give us those "light bulb moments" as Oprah calls them. And on top of this, we are designers of our own lives and that takes a lot of doing. Even not doing ! Yes, don't worry here, I am not talking about the part of us that God made, I am talking about how we are the ones to decide, make the choice on what we make important in our life, what we focus on, what we dress like, what we choose to value and stand tall for. What our words say about us, what the style of our homes tell about us. Even if we put on the clothes of a famous designer, he/she has not chosen our words, or thought our thoughts, fixed our hair, chosen what we eat and how much we eat. They have not shopped for our home. The sum of what we are is designed by how we put together our life. When you think about it, God gives us enormous power and how we end up is of our own doing. Unless
you are held captive, tied up with chains, you are free to design what your life looks like on many levels. Your mind is always yours, your thoughts always yours. No one can control those (well I suppose you could be brain washed, but even at that you allowed it to some degree) I find myself writing today with all the possibilities from commenter's : )
What I am saying is that we design who we are and what we say to the world about ourselves.
What we wear, how we keep ourselves, how fat we are, how skinny we are, how our house looks, what we say, how we say it, are like putting an outfit together, putting the pieces together to make the whole and we are the designers.
We know some folks that have so much junk around their house, old cars, discarded furniture, you name it its there....before you ever see them or the inside of their house, you already know something about them, they have designed their home. Just as much as the woman, now passed away, who lived down the road from us had a spotless yard, not a blade of grass would dare to grow wrong or she would be out there with tweezers plucking it, she designed her environment and everyone knew her for that aspect of her life. Her choices defined her.
What are you saying about you, what style are you wearing in life ?

The moon night before last, as it looked when I locked up the chickens

Comments

Sunny said…
Impressive photo!
Patty said…
thanks Sunny, love moon shots
Aunt Jenny said…
Wow...I love your photo!!
My style...hmmm...today it is tired mom and substitute teacher..obvious by the kids stuff and me being tired enough to put my feet up after a long day in first grade and just ignore it. My sister always tells me that if she drove down a street to visit me in a house she had never seen she could always pick out my house because it would be Jennyized even on the outside. I think I like that feeling.
Your posts always make me think..I love to check in here!!
Wow that photo is awesome! You never fail to give me much to think about with some of your posts and much to chew on and food for thought. thanks for doing that. i think we need it!
Mimi said…
very thought provoking post Patty,
thanks for making me think about how I design and define myself...
I am the choices that I have made... and I certainly need God to help me to make the right defining choices..
thanks for the post...
Merry Christmas,
Mimi
Cathy said…
Patty,
I just found your blog a week ago and LOVE it!!
The way your share your heart with us is wonderful.
Blessings to you,
Cathy

Popular Posts