Sore Throat Time

It was bound to happen, Melanie, Casi have had sore throats and Mei-Ling has had a little cold, so now I have a sore throat too. There is an old joke about have a cold, take medicine and you will be well in 14 days. Do nothing and you will be well in two weeks ! I am fighting this thing with garlic, echinacea, vit C, zinc, goldenseal with the above pictured remedies. Last night my throat felt so sore I wondered if I was going to be able to do the things I had planned, but woke up feeling better. Just love the beauty of natural remedies ! They have been a blessing for our family so many times in the nearly 3 decades of using them. Just for the record, we use western medicine when needed but only after we have tried herbs etc.
Think I will head to bed early tonight, get plenty of rest.

Comments

Marci said…
That nasty sore throat is going around up here as well. I am praying that we don't get it. My friend in Florida told me that when she starts to get something or even thinks she is, she takes 2000 to 3000 mg. Vit. C and garlic and she doesn't seem to get it. I have been doing that and so far, Thank the Lord, it has worked.

I hope everyone gets well soon!!
~Bren~ said…
I know how you feel. 14 days? I am well past that! I added 1000 mg. vit c to my zinc and saline solution. Rest is important. My SIL told me to try Colodial silver (not sure that is spelled right) Have you ever used that? Praying you feel better soon.
Get over that sore throat soon all of you! ! take zinc each and every day and haven't had a cold for a very long time!
Shellie said…
I hope everyone is feeling better soon. I love the medicine quote.
Niki said…
Hope you are feeling better soon Patty...14 days is way toooo long.
blessings,

Popular Posts