O Holy Night, and The Wonder of A Child

The other day I had the pleasure of babysitting Mei-Ling for a couple hours. I was holding her while doing something on the computer, and I was playing some Christmas music at the same time. She was busy playing with her little stuffed toy but when the song O Holy Night played, this tiny one stopped everything and just watched the computer screen, totally in awe at the music and words being sung. Her face was one of pure fascination. The entire song she just sat quietly holding her little dog, never moving. I played the song again for her with the very same reaction. When it was over, she looked at me quizzically and so I played it a 3rd and 4th time for her, always with the same results. It was if she understood the holiness of the song.
No other song held her attention only this one. I snapped this picture while holding her. The awe and wonder shows on her face. What a moment in time for me to share with this little one !

Comments

Niki said…
She is so beautiful!!! Isn't it amazing? I can't wait for our first grandbaby hopefully in april
blessings
Patty said…
oh how exciting for you. Grandparenting has been a blessing that I could have never imagined
Oh,what a blessing! Holding my greatgrands or the 4yr olds talking to me on the phone can only be called God's Gift.
It has now warmed up to 32degrees and I have a foot of snow in my yard.
Mimi said…
what a beautiful moment for you to share with your little one...
the song "O Holy Night" is such a magnificent song it even captures the wonder of a baby!!!
what a photo to treasure....
Cathy said…
Oh how precious! She is so beautiful, Patty.
Frgl Ldy said…
Miss Mei Ling has wonderful taste. O Holy Night is my absolute favorite holiday song.
Foxy5 said…
That is so precious. I love the heart of a child. So innocent. So open to things of the Lord.
Carrie said…
How beautiful! That carol is one of my favorites too. Thank you for taking the photo [while holding her] to let us share the lovely moment.

Popular Posts