The Day After Christmas


Melissa flew in the day before Christmas and flew out the day after Christmas. Such a short visit but we were grateful to have her for any length of time. James and Melissa celebrated their 3rd anniversary on the 26th and it was just as cold yesterday as it was on their wedding day and they had the ceremony outside !!!
Melissa, Melanie, Mei-Ling and I got up nice and early on the 26th and headed out shopping for bargains. We had some coffee at Starbucks, yes a real treat ! This day had been in the plans for a long time.
Elizabeth is quite sick so Priscilla and the baby could not come with us. Elizabeth spent Christmas day, coughing up copious amounts of mucus. Poor little one, she has had a few nasty bouts with upper respiratory illnesses.
So off we went, good walking shoes on and I was well equipped with determination to start shopping for next Christmas. I did well. Spent about $50 and got well over $120 worth of items. The girls both had fun using gift cards they had received as gifts.
We had a late lunch at Chipolte and then had the sad deed of taking Melissa to the airport. She flew back to Houston. James and Melissa had an anniversary to celebrate ! James spent Christmas with his folks in Houston, and Melissa here with us, it was a compromise so they could each have Christmas with family, be apart for only two nights, I think they talked on the cell every 10 minutes !
Holidays are hard that way, you want to be too many places at one time. I remember well the christmas Emery stayed in California, he could not leave his job and the girls and I hopped on the plane heading home to my parents, it was so hard to be apart from Emery, but so good to be home with my mom, dad and sisters.

Comments

~Bren~ said…
I am so glad you had time with your girls. It sounds like special tome too. I will pray for baby Elizabeth.
R. Aastrup said…
Looks like a joyful family time. We had a similar gathering at my parents'...who send you their greetings, by the way =)
Mimi said…
it is so wonderful that your girls could be together and with you... mom's and daughters have a special bond!!
love,
Mimi
Frgl Ldy said…
I'm so glad you had your girl home! Too bad James wasn't there though I'm sure his family enjoyed having him with them. I hope Elizabeth feels better soon!

Popular Posts