Life Sure Is Good

The bed felt so good this morning, too good to leave, so I lingered. Emery was off to work, I had nothing pressing. I was enjoying that nearly buried feeling that comes from sleeping on a feather bed covered in soft flannel sheets. Piles of quilts and blankets over me. I pulled Emery's pillow under my head propping me up so I could look out the window at the bird feeders. One single chickadee ate hastily. The faintest scent of Emery's cologne hung onto his pillow, it made me smile. Love is like that.
I never can stay in bed very long after I am awake. I get antsy feeling. Things to do, a world to explore, discoveries to be made. New drapes to hang in my bedroom, Christmas decorations to come down, music to listen to, coffee to drink and laughter to picked up and embraced.
I put on make-up, not much but just enough to make me feel good. To feel like I am taking care of myself. New clothes to wear, hair to style and a decision to wear real shoes and not just my sneakers. There is a joke in much of the world that you can always tell an American woman by her shoes, they are sneakers. So in putting on my leather shoes that actually match my outfit, I feel a bit continental ! That makes me smile just writing that.
I hop in the car to see the man I love, if only for a brief moment, I stop at his office just to show him how I look all put together and to tell him I love him. He has a wonderful smile for me and says those three words that make life good.

I shop at the market, fresh yogurt, cheese, salad greens, Italian mineral water and some freshly baked croissants. Lunch. I pass by the donuts, the candy, the chips and even the diet soda. I swing my little basket filled with good things for my afternoon meal. Life sure is good.

Lunch just under 400 calories. It was so yummy !

Comments

Cathy said…
Patty,
I just love the way you talk of loving your hubby.
Blessings to you today friend,
Cathy
p.s. Sent out two of the notecards I bought from you...they are just wonderful!!
Patty said…
I am so glad you like the note cards Cathy.
Aunt Jenny said…
Sounds like a perfect time. That sounds like a lovely lunch!! You are so inspiring for me. I need to be taking more time to improve myself for sure. I have been thinking about cutting off my long hair and doing something more "becoming" with it...we will see. Have a wonderful Sunday!!
What a precious post! I just love the mornings hubby gets up and leaves me there for a few more moments of precious sleep. Even more, I love the gentle way he wakes me up with a kiss on my forehead!
Marcie said…
Enjoy the day! It sounds like you are off to a good start before the new year even begins. I like that approach!

best wishes and warm regards,
Aisling
Anonymous said…
Thanks for stoping by my blog.

Your day sounds wonderful.
Your meal looks great. Our family is going to start eating healthy this year. We are tired of always being tired. LOL

God Bless
Rebecca
JacquiG said…
When I read your post I immediately said the same thing Cathy said ... I love the way you talk about the loving relationship you have with Emery!

Your lunch sounds really good. I was doing so well today, until I got at some of the chocolate still left from Christmas! The sooner I eat that to get it out of the way the sooner I can start trying to eat a healthier diet!! **GRIN** What's that ... it doesn't work that way??

Popular Posts