Ready for a Walk With Grammie


Melanie has a bit of a cold so I had her come over to my house and take a nap, while I watched the baby. Mei-Ling was all ready for a walk in the woods with her Grammie, right down to her little tiny red cape with the words, " a walk in the woods" written on it. Her big black eyes wide with expectation. Smiles all over her face as I grab her up in my arms and sing a little song in her ear.
Melanie, thankful for a bit of sleep.
The wonder and delight of a child is priceless, something to be encouraged and built upon.
How blessed I feel to have another round of such joy. It was wonderful to have such times with my own 4 children and now I have the opportunity to share walks in the woods with grand-blessings and teach them about plants, animals along with bits and pieces of old time wisdom my own grandmother taught me about such things as telling the weather from the clouds, and about the many signs of each season. Simple pleasures.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a blessing all children are. My mother swears that her grandbabies have put a new spring in her step.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Yes, a blessing indeed! She is adorable too!
~katie~ said…
Darling photos! Yes, children are a blessing!!
Marianna said…
Your daughter is very blessed to have you so close. As is your granddaughter!
"grand-blessings" is such a beautiful phrase, Patty! I hope you don't mind if I use it for mine from now on!
Mimi said…
a lovely walk with a precious little one... my idea of a wonderful morning...
you are so fortunate to live close to your precious grand children!!
be blessed!!
Anonymous said…
She is beautiful. My husband and I enjoy our "grand-blessings" too.
Faith said…
THanks for visiting my blog!
What a sweet granddaughter you have here!
Hazel said…
Kids are wonderful, but there is nothing like a grandchild!! Do you ever get to watch Elizabeth?
Unknown said…
Not to change the subject, but could you kindly post a link to the website where you purchased or showed a burgundy glass lamp in your previous posts? I thought I had saved the link to the website and now I can't find it. I would like to order a lamp and other things I remember from this website for my Mom for Christmas. The website had wonderful old fashioned type items and I have my heart set on ordering from them, yet I can't find the site! Thank you!
Annie said…
Grandchildren are a Blessing in deed, I am fortunate enough for now to have my Grandson living with us! What a cutie Mei Ling is and lucky to have such a wise Grammie!
Blessings,
Annie
Patty said…
the link for Lehmans where the lamp came from is

http://www.lehmans.com
Lib said…
You're Grandbabies are so Precious.
I posted pics. of the stocking, come by and see them and the nice comments I got.
Have agreat day.
Blessins', Lib

Popular Posts