Girls Day Out



The men were working all day today, so Melanie and I decided to make it a girls day out. Spending the entire day shopping in Ft Worth, well of course we had brunch before hitting the stores at La Madelines. We sat in by the window and watched the shoppers going by.
It was chilly enough that the hot coffee really hit the spot.
By 3:30 we were both tired and glad to be heading back into the quiet of country living.
Melanie found a few things she was hoping to find and I got a couple more Christmas presents purchased.
Emery and I spend just about $25 on each person in the family. Never going crazy at Christmas, just giving a gift that means something. The idea behind Christmas gift giving was probably not meant to put people in debt or decide to buy gifts instead of paying a bill.
I saw a lady with a tee shirt on the other day that said, " On Dasher and Dancer, on Master and Visa"
I laughed when I saw it, then decided it really is a sad commentary on peoples spending habits.

Melanie at La Madelines


Melanie heading to the toy store, the very place we used to buy toys for the children, now we were looking for baby toys for the next generation. How fun is that !

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a fun day! Melanie looks SO MUCH like you in this picture, Patricia! Thanks for sharing you sunny day with us. We didn't see the sunshine even once today at our house!
Anonymous said…
I wanted to say the same thing- Melanie looks just like you. A very open honest face. Sounds like a wonderful day.
dot said…
Wow! I just rediscovered your blog. I had to restore my computer therefore I lost all my blogs I visited. Have I missed out on alot. COngrats on being a Grandma. You are going to love that and teach the cute bundle so much. I was wondering about the book give away. Is it to late for a middle aged women 60 lbs over weight to late to join in. I would love to loose so I might live an active productive life style to enjoy future grandchildren coming my way. My son is getting married on the 28th of this month, no chance on being thin for that, but there is hope to be thin and fit for grandbabies. If it is not late please consider me.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like lots of fun! We put Christmas on credit once many many years ago - NEVER again! All our Christmases are now paid for with cash and also not 'over the top' any more - we really enjoy the season now! I've been reading all your posts every day but don't get time to comment all that often - thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and lovely photos :-)
Shellie said…
That shopping area looks so pretty! And Melanie looks wonderful. It sounds like you two had a wonderful time.
Kelli said…
What a fun day you both had! Melanie looks wonderful!
Kelli

Popular Posts