The Fog of a Winter Afternoon



The warmth of the morning gave way to the chilly air arriving from the north, the result was a thick fog rolling in and hiding the earth.
It seemed forever morning, never getting lighter than what is normally early morning light.
Of course I had to head out with the camera and grab some shots. The local duck pond seemed the perfect place to go and much to my surprise seagulls were everywhere. We are 5 hours at least from any ocean. They soared over my head, so close I could almost touch them. From the time I was a child I loved watching seagulls and have had them eat from my hand many times.
The ground was wet, and soon my shoes were soaked but I cared not. It was invigorating and the air made my skin feel soft and youthful.
I could have stayed there all day feeding ducks and watching the gulls but it was time to head off to tai chi. On the drive to class, the fields looked like moist golden hair. It took all I had to keep driving and not go wandering the fields. I did stop to take a couple shots near the fitness center. It was just too pretty to pass up.
Its cold now, bone chilling damp. The wood stove is crackling and sending its golden glow around the room. Soup, simmers, filling the house with tempting smells of vegetables and spices.
Hot spicy chai warming my hands as I sip it from my favorite mug. Outside chores all done for the day.
It really is a perfect night to snuggle up and watch a good movie.

There is talk on the news about the possibility of snow or ice on Christmas eve, I will hope !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gorgeous pictures! Have you seen any good movies on DVD lately, Patty? Also would love your chai recipe!
Amy
Patty said…
Hi Amy, haven't watched any movies lately. Maybe after the holidays I will check out a few that I have wondered about.
Most often I just use Oregon Chai mix for my chai. I like it and get it cheap at our "outlet" health food store

Popular Posts