Being Willing To Learn

The last week has shown me something, a lesson right in front of my face, proof too of its importance has been obvious, now the question remains...am I willing to learn from this.
Most of my adult life I have known about eating healthy and from time to time I practice healthy eating. Seriously healthy eating. Often times with the zeal of a missionary, but then I fall off the wagon, loose my enthusiasm and drive. No, loose my discipline, that's what it really is. The other factors are minor. I am not disciplined.
Please, never think I am being hard on myself when I say how I see it , because that's all it is, not guilt, remorse, just facing the facts and that allows me to learn. I am willing to learn, willing to see where I go wrong. Willing to put priorities back in line.
This past week I have eaten things I have not been eating for a long time, due to their negetive affect on my body. Things like potato chips, onion dip made with sour cream and dry soup mix, salty things and things made with CORN SYRUP, the goop that really messes up our insides and sugar in amounts I have avoided for a long time. I am feeling different from eating less healthy, less vigorous and certainly more stiff. My fingers even have swollen. My energy level is not the same either. I feel draggy and slow.
So will I learn from all this ? I hope so. Will it inspire me to eat more carefully ? I hope so. Will it increase my discipline ? That is up to me.
Tomorrow I will bag up the sugary things and the foods with preservatives and decide what is the moral thing to do with them.
Once again my drink of choice will be water, my snacks, things like nuts and fruit. I loose weight when I go healthy and stay away from sugar and processed foods. I am not hungry either. My energy level comes back full and strong.
I wonder just how many times it takes for me to learn a lesson when the answers stare me square in the face.

Another hot cup of Chai is in order, its getting really chilly out. Not so much because of the low temperature, but more from the cold damp air that has greeted us here in North Texas.

Oregon Chai is my favorite chai that is premade. When I make my own, its usually the first recipe on the web page listed below. Its fantastic.

Good Chai Recipes can be found at
http://www.odie.org/chai/recipes.html

Flowers in bloom on my front lawn, nature is confussed from the warm weather we had. The flowers smell so sweet. A special blessing on a rather dull day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such beautiful pictures, as always.
You have a most amazing spirit and heart. I get so much from your writing...thank you for sharing dear Patty.

Warmly,
Sue
smilnsigh said…
"I am not disciplined."

Same here. I too go 'full tilt' into some good plan. Then, 'peter out.' But as you say, it comes back to discipline. I eat healthy and do daily exercise, while it _feels good_. When it's no longer a kind of *a high,* off go my good intentions... into the night.

And I also agree -- to see this in ourselves is not to berate ourselves. It's simply common sense, and seeing what's what.

And only with common sense and open eyes, can we change. Guilt and remorse are useless. A clear vision of common sense, of how these things are good for us... that's the only ticket to change, imho.

May we both find our individual, personal common sense.

'MN'

Popular Posts