Chickens




One of my favorite things is to let the chickens out of the chicken house and watch them run around and free range.
Today it just seemed extra funny to me to see the chickens standing tall in front of my plastic crows. It was almost like the chickens were trying to be like the crows.
Then three chickens came walking up to me, in single file, hoping I had some human food for them.
Just silly chicken stuff but part of my day none the less.
In my hand two eggs taken out of a nest box, one is really big, maybe a double yolker. With all the holiday baking, having farm fresh eggs so handy is a blessing.
Just one more fun part of life on the homestead.

Comments

JacquiG said…
I'd love to hear more about your chickens. Where they live, how many you have, how much they produce, how much work they are?

It's my intention to have chickens although I've never even touched one before. We were going to get them this year but the spring was difficult around here and I never got a home made for them. Next year is out because we will be away for several weeks. Hopefully next year!

By the way, what do you do with (or for) them if you go away?

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts