A New Book

If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know I love the book, "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano. The book is loaded with wonderful concepts in eating for pleasure without adding on the pounds. Its the only book that has really worked for me in changing my eating habits.
Today Emery purchased for me her second book, "French Women for All Seasons". I have only read a few pages and scanned through the book and already I know its a book that will make my diet adventure more delightful. Learning to eat for pleasure without packing on the pounds and in my case, loosing pounds, is just simply wonderful.
In the intro when she is writing about the way the French have eaten through time, she says something that is true for so many aspects of life...." I don't want to live in the past, but I do want to learn from it, and
I believe that the culture of moderation, painstaking attention to taste, and healthy eating and living that I absorbed growing up in France can be adapted to today's world and pursued just about anywhere."
The first part of that quote is how I feel about the past on so many levels.
The recipes in the book look wonderful and there appears to be bits of profound wisdom throughout the book. I am looking forward to a quiet afternoon of reading tomorrow.

Its hard to go to a bookstore and come out with just one or two new "friends", we came out with several.

Comments

smilnsigh said…
I too bought "French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano. And my d-i-law is reading it now. :-) This author's second book, is waiting for me, at the library. I'm glad to hear, your praise for it, as well.

"Learning to eat for pleasure without packing on the pounds and in my case, loosing pounds,..."

_This_ is my _quest_, also! Best of luck, with yours.

It's not an easy time of year, we're coming into, for this Quest. May we both do well, with it. :-)
Just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your joy-filled posts. Even through your work and challenges, you do a fine job of putting things into a healthy perspective. I am at a different point in my life, but I love reading about how you are enjoying this new stage of your life.

I always imagine that I will live fully in my future as well. There are many, many things that interest me, I love to learn and I don't think I will be someone who is unhappy as I get older. I know that I will miss my children terribly, but also know that every season brings with it new opportunities. I appreciate learning from you as you grow into this new time of your life.

Please drop by and visit me sometime; I'd love for you to stop in! :)

Oh - and those books sound really good. I don't have weight to lose, but just to maintain, but I do love the French attention to detail and it sounds like a book I will enjoy.

Popular Posts