Holiday Spirit Arrives at the Lockwood House



Feeling a bit better late this afternoon besides its always hard to keep me down too long. I put on my favorite Christmas CD, Wolfgang Petry's Freude ! (sung in German for the most part) which never fails to make me feel in the Christmas spirit. The music put me in the mood to decorate a bit.
Worked on the dinning room decorations first. Its my favorite room in the house which might explain why it received attention first.
I love the Christmas season, so full of fun and good feelings and it is the time when we choose to celebrate the birth of the Savior.
The nativity is set up now too, but baby Jesus has not been put in the manger, we will place him there Christmas eve after midnight mass. It always feels special to place him in the manger and reflect a bit on the whole meaning of Christmas.

Melanie and Casi have their tree up already. Steven is wishing he could have one, but its not allowed. Melissa will not be home for Christmas so not sure if they are putting one up or not.
We always wait until its December to put up our tree, so not too much longer.

Dinning room decorations are colonial in style, my favorite look.

Comments

JacquiG said…
I love Christmas as well! We always used to put the tree up for DS's birthday, Dec 8. His girlfriend was telling me that she had said they would put up their tree after that date and he was quite petulant, he said the tree is supposed to be up for his birthday!! I guess I created a tradition for him without realizing it!

Why is Steven not allowed to have a tree? I thought Mennonites celebrated Christmas, so is it just the tree they don't have?

Enjoy your decorating!

Jackie in ON
Genuine Lustre said…
The windowsill looks beautiful. I grew up in a reproduction Williamsburg house - and that's just the sort of thing my mother would have liked.

It is so unusually warm here in northern Ohio-- 60's --- I just can't get in a Christmas mood yet. Thank goodness I Advent comes first.

Popular Posts