Melanie

This is a difficult to write but it has a wonderful ending. Melanie was rushed to the hospital yesterday by ambulance. Her blood sugar went so low she lost consciousness.
She was not feeling well and called Casi to come home and he found her passed out on the sofa, eyes wide open, totally unresponsive, her body cold and blue.
He called 911 and when the ambulance got there they checked her blood and could not even get a reading, all their meters just said LO, her body so cold the ivac thermometers did not register.
At the hospital it was the same thing.
They pumped IV's into her piled on heated blankets. It was nearly 6 hours later that they got her body temperature up. After she came around they had her eat and slowly her blood sugars came up to normal.
While she was in the E.R.by chance, her OB Doctor went into that very exam room to get some supplies and was shocked to see her and ordered some tests to make certain the baby was ok. The baby's heartbeat was strong and steady.
We came so close to loosing Melanie last night. I couldn't sleep last night thinking about how fragile life is. I am so grateful that once again God worked a miracle so that we could still have our Melanie with us.
When I went to the hospital to see her, she was blue still and cold, it was so frightening.

Comments

Emily said…
Oh Patty, what a scare for all of you. Praise the Lord for taking care of Melanie and little one. May He continue to watch over them.
Anonymous said…
My prayers are with you and your family.
Shellie said…
Thank God that Melanie and the baby are ok. I can't imagine how scary yeasterday must have been for all of you.

I'll definately be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Rowan said…
I knew something was wrong when there was no new post from you. I'm so sorry that Melanie has had such an awful experience but very glad indeed to know that all is now well with both her and the baby.
Kelli said…
That was scary just reading about what happened to Melanie, I can't imagine how scared you all must have been. I'm glad she and the baby are ok. I will continue to keep them both in my prayers.
Kelli
I'll be praying that Melanie and baby stay safe and warm.
wendybirde said…
prayers coming now...
R. Aastrup said…
Hi Patty--I'm glad to read that Melanie is better after this scare. You all are in my prayers...
Alena said…
oh my gosh... what horrible moments you all had to go through... i am so lucky that melanie and her baby are safe...
i will both keep them in my preyers.
take care, patty...
Granny said…
Patty: How scary! This is going to be a rough time for all of you. I'm saying prayers for you all!

Judy L.
Lucy said…
I am so glad that Melanie is save with her baby! What a scary experience for Casi and you !
Anonymous said…
I'll be praying for Melanie and her little one. God bless.
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, what an awful experience for any mother and husband - thank goodness she was able to phone before she got into BIG trouble! I'm so pleased that both her and the baby are okay. Prayers that everything will continue to go well for them.

Popular Posts