Autumn Comes To Texas




This morning the fog was thick, the pea soup variety. But soon it let loose of its gray grip and the light broke through to reveal the most glorious colors of fall. The Red Oaks and Burr Oaks seemed to explode with reds and oranges over night. It was difficult to pull myself from this palate of color and head back to the house to eat, but the call of a cup of hot tea with some leftover apple pie is a strong draw.
This apple pie breakfast was well thought out. I reasoned well that apples are a fruit and fruit makes a wonderful breakfast so why not have some for the first meal of the day. My sweet Melissa helped point out the value of the fruit aspect of this breakfast choice in our early morning chat.
Lots of folks out shopping today, but not me.... I prefer a nice uncomplicated day of rambling and wandering around the land, peppered with some early Christmas decorating and some spinning.
Quiet singing of the Psalms playing on the stereo. It's just about a perfect day. Would be better if Emery was home too.
This afternoon will be soap making day. It really feels like just another practically perfect day, full of simple pleasures that never grow old.

Photos from around our place this morning.....simple pleasures

Comments

JacquiG said…
I've heard about the post-Thanksgiving shopping in the States, and I think I'd steer clear as well!! Just the idea of those crowds makes me feel clostraphobic!!!

Funny you should mention you'll be soapmaking this afternoon ... I've just this morning signed up for a 2.5 hr Soapmaking 101 lesson at our local communicy college! $30 plus supply fee of $5 ... I figure that's not a bad fee for something I've been wanting to try for a long long time! Finally I'll be able to cross one more thing off my "Things To Do One Day" list!

Enjoy your peaceful day today.

Jackie in ON
Patty said…
I hope you have fun in the soap making class. I am going to post my recipe and some pictures of the soap later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Sunny said…
So beautiful!!!

Popular Posts