"The Art of Procrastinating"

One of my favorite authors is Veronique Vienne. She speaks to my soul and I like that. In her book, "The Art of Doing Nothing" she writes about the Art of Procrastinating. Yes, it is an art form I have decided. Besides that makes it sound so much better, so much more deliberately embraced as a reaction to how our life is lived in some areas. Now of course, we need balance in this too, but you are all smart enough to know that. Its instinctive to know about the balance of this art form.
Veronique Vienne writes..." The world is 70 percent water - and so are we. Its should come as no surprise, then, that human beings tend to dillydally as soon as they are in a pressure-free environment. For us, as for most living organisms in nature, the path of the least resistance is a succession of languid curves.
Procrastination is innate. Its an invisible force that drives rivers into serpentine patterns, underwater currents into sinuous path, jet streams into winding courses - and you and me into a rambling mode."

The whole book is this sort of writing that draws you in and has you nodding your head, giving words to your very thoughts that lay waiting to find words to express them.
Her book, "The Art of Imperfection" is just as good and both are filled with delightful photos by Erica Lennard in sepia that make you feel as though you are gazing at an old familiar scene from your own life.
This morning, the sun casting its golden glow across the dark wooden floor of my living room made me stop and do nothing on the mornings agenda. I put the tasks off until this glorious moment passed. The way the colors lay, picking up the detail of the chairs upholstery and the colors looking like an old masterpiece hanging in a museum. It was a priceless moment. It gave me reason to procrastinate. Made me feel good about goofing off. This moment in time, gone for good, was savored like a glass of fine wine. It put me in ramble mode and am I ever thankful !

Comments

Genuine Lustre said…
She has a new book coming out this winter " The Art of Being a Woman."

Popular Posts