A Great Day

Emery and I had a great date planned for today and it turned out more fun than we had even planned.
The morning was cold but crisp and clear.
We headed off to Ft Worth to have brunch at La Madeleine. The smell of freshly baked breads and coffee greeted you the minute you opened the door. The warmth felt good, and only a few brave souls dared to sip coffee and eat a warm pastry outside at the cafe tables. I had a delightful cup of Cafe Mocha to warm me up. Emery decided on a delicious spinach cheese filled pastry and I had potato galette along with a fresh croissant.
We chatted and enjoyed the coming and going of so many people on this busy Sunday morning.
Later we shopped for Christmas stocking stuffers at World Market, picked up a bottle of Electric Reindeer wine and Emery surprised me with a glass tree ornament of the Eiffel tower.
A quick stop into Central market for baguettes, and pain de champagne, but on the way out we just had to stop for a cup of Gelato to share. So many flavors its always difficult to decide. It was Emery's turn to pick the flavor, Spumoni, and was it ever good.
Our next stop requires a post all of its own !
I did wear high heels today and they were comfortable thank goodness since we did so much walking. I had on some make-up too, even did my hair for this special date. Felt good to be all dressed up and hit the town.

Comments

Kelli said…
What a wonderful day you and Emery had! Le Madeliene is my favorite restuarant. World Market is fun too!
Kelli

Popular Posts