Maybe its the Music....


Maybe its the music, maybe its the color of the sky, or maybe its just a combination of everything around me today. The coffee in my cup, pumpkin spice, the toast, home made bread, with butter and cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top.
Everything feels so calm and easy today. The candles in the window sill, chasing away the dreariness, as though they stand there as sentries, protecting the room from darkness in the daytime.
The music so demanding of calmness and introspection. Notes flowing easy, as if to beckon you to look inside yourself. I feel as though today I can see inside my soul, see so clearly what my heart feels and what is the reason for my life.
The pine boughs bending in the autumn breeze, flexible and strong, maybe strong enough to hold a cradle I muse, as I think of the rather frightening song sung to wee babies as a lullaby. Rock a by Baby, strange to sing such a song to such precious bundles of love.
Today the house smells of pine cleaner and cinnamon scented pine cones. I have been cleaning, but now the music and the coffee begs me to sit and visit in the calm a bit longer. To look at my surroundings and savor them. Books on shelves and on chairs, in piles on the floor and on the table by the sofa. Giving the room a rather haphazard professor type look to the room. It makes me smile. They will be put away soon enough today and things made tidy once again, but for now they will stay as I sit and sip my coffee. Baskets of yarn, tucked away in corners, too many projects going at one time I think, but that has always been me.
Windows uncovered, except for little valances, the outside world just a glance away. No secrets to hid in here, and the outside is so pretty. The occasional passerby on the street side can glance in, if they wish. I certainly watch them go by at times, wondering where they are going and saying a prayer for them as they pass by. Just like I pray every time I hear or see an emergency vehicle.
The grass is really green right now, its last show of the year, for soon the frost will come and turn it dull brown until spring comes.
With my windows covered I would not see the subtle changes of the seasons or notice which birds are flying south. Catch a glimpse of the seasons migration of the monarch butterflies, or the neighbors cat being chased off our land by our big old cat Smoky.
The music is once again calling my heart, having me dance inside with the enchanting melodies. Soaring like a bird high above the ground. What an amazing morning this is. I am so happy to be alive, to wake each morning, breath in my body, eyes that see, ears that hear and a heart filled with love.

music...
Winter Solstice

Comments

Peg said…
What a wonderful inspiring blog. I only came across this tonight and find your writing refreshing, peaceful and makes me wish I was visiting with you. I am so pleased your daughter is ok. As a parent I know only to well the pain a mother has when her children suffer. Thank you, I hope to visit often

Popular Posts