When the Sun Was Setting Tonight


It is 7:30 pm and the sun is hanging low in the west. The clouds dipped gold. Shadows long and tall.
Emery is out chopping wood for next winter. It will be nice to have it all stacked and seasoned for when the cold months arrive. The neighbors huge tree will provide us with lots of wood. Even the small branches will give us good dry kindling.
Roses sweetly scenting the air.
The chickens were running around getting the last tid bits before they go in to roost.
Morning doves cooing from the low branches of the sycamore tree.
Clothes on the line needing to be taken in and folded.

When I came in the house to put away the camera, I saw my crocheted work laying in the yellow rays of the sun as it shinned in through the front windows. I have them in stacks of 10 so you can see there are lots done and waiting to be put together. Maybe it will be done in time for fall. Although its cotton, its quite heavy.
I love working with this project. It feels like a piece of history in my lap.

Comments

Alena said…
patty, your crotchet project looks beautiful, I am looking forward to see it when finished... what a gorgeous roses...
Anonymous said…
This project looks so daunting! It will be beautiful when finished and knowing a bit about it's history is very special. Those rosettes are so small!

Popular Posts