I Was Very Brave Today

It seemed impossible to find a picture that fit what I did today, so I took a picture of what I gave myself as a reward for being so brave....Now, you are wondering what was my act of bravery ?
It happened this way....After lunch I went to town, all dressed nice, linen slacks, nice orange top and my bright orange "Crocks" which I have owned for some time now and apparently some chef on a cooking show wears them too since people are always stopping me to find out where I got crocks like that chef wears, anyway, back to my act of bravery.
I ran all my errands, had lunch with Melanie and then it was time to pick up my husband from work. Remember he works for a company owned by men from the Mennonite community, and the Bishop is often there as he is part owner. Whenever I have been there in the office I have worn "plain" clothing and a headcovering. For some time I have avoided ever going inside.
I sat in the car a minute, took a deep breath, thought about how happy I am now and slowly got my courage up and walked right in the office with my slacks on and short hair, bright top and shoes ! Naturally there were a few shocked faces and one man said, " I thought Emery had a customer or something, as I didn't think it could be you". At any rate, I made it through the experience and Emery was proud of me for not feeling embarrassed.
When we got home, I went straight to the rose garden and cut myself some long stemmed yellow roses as a treat to myself. I usually leave them on the bush as they are so pretty in the garden.
It may not seem like much to those who have never walked away from a strict religion but believe me, it took lots of inner strength.
I was really brave today and from now on it should be a bit easier.

Comments

Sunny said…
I'm proud of you.
Jeanne said…
{{Patty}}
A special hug and smile for you. This was a hard step to take, but now you're able to move ahead and take the next one.
Jeanne
La Tea Dah said…
You were so couragious and I applaud you! You go, girl! I know this must have been very difficult. . .but now that you have opened the door, the next time will be easier.

Man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

I know the Lord sees a happy, joyful, vibrant heart when He looks at yours!

Now, what are crocks? Orange ones? They sound interesting. :)
Unknown said…
Ah Patty, I am so happy for you, sometimes it is hard to follow our heart and do what is best for us...As we grow we find that our needs change and that we have to stretch our wings and fly...Luv and Hugs Tina
Granny said…
Patty, I think facing that you are who you are and letting others see you as YOU is very freeing. I know it was hard and I'm proud of you for having done it. Feels good, huh?

Judy L.

Popular Posts