Cool Morning

As if to give me a gift, God blessed us with a cool, almost cold morning. He is indeed full of Mercy and Compassion.

It felt more homey, with the woodstove going for a bit to get the chill out of the room. Which was just the feeling I have been missing lately. I lit the lamps, had a spot of tea with my Essene bread and read a bit. It felt so good, so comfortable to have a shawl wrapped around my shoulders and to sip slowly my Cherry Vanilla tea. Yesterday I found a copy of The Purpose Driven Life at Goodwill for $1. I have wanted to read it, to see what is contained in this books pages that has transformed so many peoples lives. But, I am a tad on the cheap side at times and knew if I held out, it would be available at a thrift store.
I didn't get to read much yet, as this morning is a bit rushed.

Off to Afternoon Tea today and had to carefully pick my outfit and then decide which hat and which gloves !
Since I weeded out so much stuff last week, the decision making was easier as its now somewhat limited.
I settled on black hat, black dress, and a bright pink sweater as the chill will be with us all day. White gloves will have to do. A freshly pressed hankie in my purse, lightly scented with my perfume.
The camera is coming with me, so pictures will follow !

The Lord bless you today and grant you peace of heart. Rest in the assurance that He loves us and cares for us.
Pray for a friend of mine today if you will. Her brother just found out he has cancer. A young man of 40 with a family.

Comments

Finn said…
Hope your afternoon tea was just what you needed..*VBS* Hugs, Finn
Unknown said…
I hope you had a wonderful Afternoon Tea it's one of my favorite things to do by myself or with family and friends. My sister attends Rick Warrens Church in Southern California she lives a few blocks from their church, the Lord has blessed their lives, with this wonderful teacher, my wonderful brother in-law has grown into a wonderful husband and father....Enjoy reading..Luv Tina
La Tea Dah said…
Patricia, did you enjoy your afternoon tea this week? I'd love to see some photos. . .I love tea!

Popular Posts