Glorious Morning

This morning I slept late, so late that the sun was well up in the sky when my eyes opened. The sun was streaming across my bed, cool air was filling the room. Just one of those glorious mornings.
I spent a lot of time thinking last night, so that is why I slept late. To be honest I am thrilled Elizabeth wrote what she did about me, and yes it was about me, no paranoia on my part. It gave me chance to look deeper into my choices and my expansion of thought. And to be honest it gave me more conformation that a single-mindedness, a narrow mindedness that comes along with some Christianity is just what I am walking away from. That "judgementalism" that has no real place in the heart of Christians is just what I am leaving. She reminded me of that. So three cheers for her ! She put me right on the straight path that makes me want to RUN and not walk away from where I have been.


My whole life has been one of looking at life philosophically. Searching for more meaning than just the obvious. Taking simple day to day things and finding the profound in them.
My journey continues, growth is enviable. Joy abounds. On this glorious day I will list my gratitude's in no particular order ....
for the Kodo Drummer CD I am listening to
for wonderful children who bring great joy to us

for the children all being independant and successful in life and are all broad thinkers
for love,
for seeing my children in wonderful relationships
for the deep love I share with Emery
for good friends
for cool air
for my quilting frame
for chickens that lay green eggs, after all these years I still love finding them in the nest.
for compassion
for my French press that makes the best coffee
for my bird feeders

for my clothes line
for my vegetable garden
for hiking
for endless energy even at 51
that I can still climb mountains and see the view

and for Hospice care. My dad is sitting by my step mothers bedside 24/7 practically, watching his wife die. She is on a morphine drip, no pain, not even aware any more of her life. The sadness my dad is feeling is profound. This is the second time he has watched a wife die. Hospice is wonderful to him so I am grateful for that. Say a prayer for him if you think of it.



Comments

Granny said…
Will pray for your dad. Such a sad time for him.

Judy L.
La Tea Dah said…
Praying for your father, Patricia, as he says good-bye to his mate and loved one. My mom, and my mother-in-law, both passed away within the past four years. Each had cancer and Hospice care made their life's journey end on a positive and encouraging note for them and for us. May God be with him. I will be praying.

Popular Posts