An Evening Ramble, Feeling Misplaced

Its late, nearly midnight and sleep is no where near, elusive tonight, chased off by a late afternoon nap.
Everything is quiet in the house. Just me alone with my thoughts. I was sitting looking through old photos. My husband had them out this evening to sort them. It brought me to a lot of memories. All good. I saw so many pictures of my children playing, laughing, working and being silly. Many of the pictures are from the Mennonite years and that made me feel a longing. Longing for what I had known for so long. I sat in the living room trying to figure out if life is better now or not. When you step away from a life like that, you take the things you didn't like and make them big. Make them justifiable reasons to leave. Often leaving off the reasons for the actions or beliefs. We make excuses for ourselves throughout our lives and if excuses don't seem right, we point out area that can be seen in a not so positive a light.
The things I say I love now, the freedom etc, well, is it all that its cracked up to be ? I don't know. The verdict is just not in yet.
I think I feel about the same as this poor grape vine that has been waiting for over a week to be planted. We water it and look at it and say, " oh we have to plant that vine soon," but it stands there, growing, but not strong. I finally set the plant in my boot to help it stay upright and not get knocked over.
Its just in the wrong place. It just won't do well that way. I am still trying to find where I am meant to be. In my heart I have a deep belief in God and what I feel He wants from me. In my heart is also self, wanting what I want, or at least what I think I want. Tonight, I miss where I have come from.....

Comments

ForestJane said…
I've been trying to stop in every day and see what's new on your blog, so I'd like to put you on as a link for 'favorite blogs.' I just plain like the way you write! The recipes and quilts are kinda cool too... :)

If I may ask, how long has it been since you "stepped away" from the Mennonite life? That had to be a very difficult decision to make.

Forestjane
Patty said…
Hi ForestJan,
Thanks for wanting to link me, that would be great.
It feels already like a very long journey, but it hasn't been long at all since we cut ties
Sunny said…
Maybe if you can identify what the initial attraction was you could manage to get the best of both worlds. Make your own path and have it both ways. Hey, that's what you are already doing!
Pam said…
Patty, I think we all go through times where we don't know what God has planned for us, but rest assured He knows. I struggle with this a lot but I just keep seeking God's will. I'm sure you will find it soon.

Grace & Peace
Pam

Popular Posts