A Quiet Afternoon Tea


The afternoon has been a quiet one. I sat doing some handwork after spending the morning in the garden. Glancing down at my hands I wonder if I will ever have clean fingernails again. No matter how hard they are scrubbed, the dirt seems to just fill in the cracks on my fingers. Hard work does that to a persons hands. Sometimes I catch a glimps of some ladies hands in passing and see such neatly polished long fingernails, perfectly manicured and wonder if they ever dig in the soil or scrub the floor with a brush.
I thought about it a bit. Pulling weeds and thinking go hand and hand for me. My Aunt says she does her best thinking while pulling weeds and I think that is something I learned from her. Maybe its in our genes.
It was warm today, warm enough for the window fans to be used. No matter how hot it was, we still enjoyed some tea and scones, hot from the oven. Something to hold us over till we eat tonight. We will go to Mass tonight at 7 pm then as a family we will take Melanie and Casi out for dinner. To celebrate their engagement . We are taking them to the very restaurant where he proposed. I miss Melissa a lot today. Wish she was here with us. James too.

Comments

Popular Posts