"Whatever"




I had to turn my head and hide the laugh. Mei-Ling is really starting to talk a lot and she mimics everything she hears. Melanie asked her if she wanted some milk to drink and Mei-Ling was busy playing with her toys but responded with a rather blase', "whatever". Melanie reminded this sweet baby that a yes or no was the better answer, but Grammie just turned her head and laughed. I know Mei-Ling was not being fresh, just repeating what she had heard some time or another.
Forgot earlier to share some good news from today....Mei-Ling is nearly 30 inches tall and just about 23lbs now. We are so happy to have her go beyond the 20 lb mark ! And there is talk that the surgery they are doing next week may be able to be reversed in a couple years. What a miracle
that would be.
The Doctor also told Melanie that Mei-Ling is very advanced on all her verbal and motor skills which of course we already knew : )

Photos from the Fall Festival at the Japanese Gardens
Mei-Ling with her daddy
Mei-Ling and Melanie
and one tired little Mei-Ling

Comments

Marci said…
I love the pictures of her in her kimono. I was going through a crate of my Mom's craft books last night. I found an old one from the early 80's that had some neat oriental patterns. I am sending it to you. It reminds me of the things that Melanie loves.
OneOldGoat said…
Beautiful pictures! And great news about your granddaughter!

What is a Shelters catalog?
Renee said…
Out of the mouths of cherubs - lol! So glad to hear Mei-Ling is doing so well.-

Popular Posts