A Chill in the Air

In a matter of minutes, the sky changed from a bit of blue amid puffy white clouds to this dark and foreboding gray. The wind cloud rushing in and slamming my back door shut. Suddenly Melanie who is here sewing, shivered and closed the dining room window. There is no doubt in any ones mind, the cold front has arrived ! I grab my sweater and pull it tight around me. Glad I got some wood in this morning and cleaned out the stove...tonight we are going to need it. It will be a good night for hot tea and a game of checkers by lamplight. I always loose to Emery, partly because I am always just gazing at him, full of love for him, watching his hands move the checkers. I don't seem to pay attention to the game. Even after 30 years, being his wife is like a dream. He is the most gentle man I know, yet balanced with that perfect amount of knight in shining armour.
The temperature dropped 2 degrees in just the last 10 minutes. Time to close all the window and make some tea. Melanie is just about finished with her kimono that she is sewing for this weekend fall festival at the Japanese Gardens and Mei-Ling is down for a nap...giving us time to sit and chat a bit. Life is good !

Comments

Linda said…
I loved those times in Texas when the temperature drops like that. After a long hot Texas summer it's fun and energizing.
Dana and Daisy said…
I love the japanese gardens in Ft. Worth. Thinking that is the one Melanie is going to.

It is chilly here too, and we've had rain all day. Sometimes I want to share with my husband what you say about Emery to encourage him to be more gentle with me, but I am afraid he will take it the wrong way.
Renee said…
I am enjoying the brisk weather! I love it after a boiling hot summer.
Towanda said…
Hi Patty,

I haven't commented recently but do want you to know that I read your posts every day - your themes and reflections and pondering and stories of your daily life are just so calming and pleasant with my morning coffee....though you do have me curious to try some of that pumpkin latte. :)

I have been out of town and offline for several weeks and did not know about Mei-Ling's battle -- or about the quilt that friends are contributing to. I couldn't make a quilt square that didn't look like a two year old made it, but I want you to know I am praying for Mei-Ling and looking forward to nothing but excellent reports about her progress.

Popular Posts