Mei-Lings Hat



Here is the pattern for the hat I made Mei-Ling. For Mei-Ling, I just made it smaller to fit her.
Click the picture to see it larger and then you can print it . I plan on making one for myself, by the way. These little hats work up so quick and I have a bit of angora that I spun from my rabbit a while back which would be perfect for a few rows along the the front of the hat. You can really play with this pattern, by adding a cable where the stripes are. Or embroidering it. Melanie wants one with crocheted hearts sewn on the ends, for a bit more warmth over the ears and to look cute !
I found a crochet pattern for the same style which might be fun to try
http://www.knitting-crochet.com/found/earwarwittie.html
You could even make these out of polar fleece for a quick gift. Endless possibilities !

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't knit so thanks for the link for the crochet version. Mei-ling looks soooo cute in that too. By the way, i've sent the quilt block in the mail today. Hope you like it. I've also included something extra special for Mei-Ling. Have a great day!
Salina
novascotiagal said…
Thank you for the pattern - I think my two girls will like it as well as I do.

As an aside, I found out about this article from the London Review of Books, first published Jan 08. It explains the bank situation around the globe very clearly, and it's really worth reading. Keep reading through the bit about the over-indulgent city bankers, and get to the banking explanation.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v30/n01/lanc01_.html

It sheds a light on the dark black hole of the banking crisis.
Niki said…
I would love to have the knitted pattern, it's lovely and looks easy!
... Paige said…
Beautiful!

and I keep meaning to tell you love your goat :-)
Carole said…
Oh thanks so much for this pattern, I have chenille yarn that I love and that I couldn't use because I tried to crochet a hat and it really didn't turn out well. This is a simpler and, I think, more stylish solution !
My daughters will love it, I'm sure.
Your granddaughters are so adorable !! I love to see pictures of them.
Dana and Daisy said…
Sweet! I believe even I could make one! At last, a knitting project that is not rectangular!

I'l give it a try.
Niki said…
you can tell I'm scattered today Patty!!! I just clued in that the photo is the knitted pattern...LOL
Have a nice evening.
Niki
Hi Patty,
Thanks so much for taking time to post the pattern for the hat! Nancy
Sunny said…
If you want to make me a black one with a deep pink border (nothing in the way of a hot or bright pink), I could also tolerate some pink roses embroidered on it.

Popular Posts