Good Things In My Day


Besides all the good things in my life, the sweetness of each day, there were a couple extra good things today. A stop at Goodwill yielded just the things I wanted to find. Sleepers for Mei-Ling for the winter and then Melanie found the most beautiful smocked dress. Tea length, pink and white gingham, fully lined, and the entire bodice is smocked and its not machine smocked either. $3.99 cents. It will be perfect for spring time. One need not spend a fortune for beautiful children's clothes....and buying second hand is the best kind of recycling around.
On the way home we stopped at Starbucks. Yes, I know I talk about not spending wildly, but every fall, I loose my sense of reason and buy coffee at $4 a whack. Here comes a confession...I am addicted to Pumpkin Spice Lattes. They call me. I think about them first thing in the morning. I justify buying them by saying things like, "I don't buy much for myself." "I deserve a treat now and again. " "Its my only vice", etc. You know the kind of self talk we can come up with. Well, today, I ordered my latte and somehow they made it into a Frappachino and before I arrived at the window, they realized they made it wrong but asked me if I wanted the frappachino anyway. A gift ! A miracle ! A blessing ! The law of attraction at work ! I had TWO venti pumpkin spice drinks for the price of one ! Surely I was born under a lucky star .
For certain, the free drink must have contained no calories as it was a miracle : )
And to top this wonderful day off, I was thinking Chinese food sounds good tonight for our Friday night "date night", and as soon as that was my thought, the phone rang. It was Emery and he said, "how about Chinese food tonight ? " Could this day be any better !!!!

Comments

Melanie said…
It's what you call balance... reasonable prices for clothes littles ones out grow faster than you can blink your eyes--- the trade off treats of pumpkin lattes with your daughter. I think the $$$ are INCREDIBLY worth it....
Patty said…
ah yes, good conversation and memories made over those pumpkin spice lattes, so worth it. Balance, yes. Now how to justify all the ones I buy when I am buy myself : ) Being good to myself, that will work.
The free drink must have been a reward from karma, so the calories definitely don't count! ;)
Towanda said…
Those little dresses are absolutely adorable and remind me of the clothes I used to dress my little daughter in back in the 1970s. I am glad to see the smocked clothes are still around -- and you got those at a real bargain!!
Susie Q said…
Oh my. Those pumpkin lattes are magical! : )
My son brought one home for me this week and I do think an obsession was born!
Sooo good.

We all need a little treat in our lives, tempered with balance and well thought out spending too.

The sweetest dresses....
Lynn Hasty said…
Patty, that's so sweet about the Chinese food! Oh, and miracles have no calories. You are right!

Lynn

Popular Posts