Taking Care of Me

Selfish sounding title but its actually not. With all that will be going on in the near future I decided I had better get back on track and do some things to keep me in good shape so I can do more, be more for those I love.
Got my running clothes and shoes on, weights in my hands and took off for a good run. Oh its been too long since I have run. Felt old and stodgy. Took 10 minutes of going beyond the stiff legs and the heavy breathing before I got my natural running pace back and began to feel like a creature with wings, ( a big creature mind you) . I loved feeling the wind blowing in my face and my feet feel light. Its late October but its still warm here, so beads of sweat popped out on my forehead... I don't mind that, its good for you to sweat.
Music in my IPod keeping that little spring in my pace. Santana.

In my head, I am reciting the ABC's to Achieve Your Dreams. I feel good, life is good. Even in hardships, there are so many profoundly wonderful things. We really determine how we feel in every situation.

Remember Your ABC's
A
void negative sources, people, places, things and habits
Believe in yourself
Consider things from every angle
Don't give up and don't give in
Enjoy life today, yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come
Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches
Give more than you planned to
Hang on to your dreams
Ignore those who try to discourage you
Just do it
Keep trying no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier
Love yourself first and most
Make it happen
Never lie, cheat or steal, always strike a fair deal
Open your eyes and see things as they really are
Practice makes perfect
Quitters never win and winners never quit
Read study and learn about everything important in your life
Stop procrastinating
Take control of your own destiny
Understand yourself in order to better understand others
Visualize it
Want it more than anything
Xcellerate your efforts
You are unique of all God's creations nothing can replace you
Zero in on your target and go for it !

Comments

Carrie said…
Hello Patty,
I enjoy your blog posts. Please visit the link below for a new award and tag from me.
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2008/10/kreative-blog-award-and-tagged.html
Thanks,
Carrie
Aunt Jenny said…
What a great post. I am guilty of not taking very good care of myself...you are an inspiration once again. I am sure keeping Mei Ling in my prayers!!
Kim said…
What a wonderful post.
I printed it out to keep by my computer. Thanks for sharing. Many prayers for Mei-Ling's recovery. If you still need blocks - please let me know and I will make some to send. Your blog is just what I needed to read this morning - hopeful and peaceful. I need to remember to read it more ..

Popular Posts