An Update

It's wonderful having Melissa here and we are having so much fun. Today Melanie, Melissa, Mei-Ling and I had a full day. Out for breakfast then on to the hospital where Mei-Ling had her pre-op exam. We "girls" stopped at Starbucks (in the hospital) for a treat after the visit to the Doctors. As this operation grows nearer, we are all feeling a bit more stressed.
Yesterday we found out Mei-Ling has another very bad infection. The culture taken last week, came back, telling of the serious nature of the infection. The strong antibiotic they put her on, is giving her bad stomach upsets but she remains sweet as can be.
Melissa was a big help to me today and gave the goats their shots. I never like giving them and she doesn't mind one bit.
More quilt blocks arrived yesterday and today and I hope tomorrow to take more pictures. We are all in awe of the beautiful blocks with the most loving sentiments attached to them.
Life is good.


Comments

Janette said…
Pryaers continuing!
Janette said…
Pryaers continuing!
Anonymous said…
Patty
How good that you have family all around you giving you support, giving each other support.
Oh, I would never want to give an animal or human a shot!
When I was a kid growing up on a small animal farm, I would not dare be part of chopping off chickens heads or killing of any of the animals. My dad tried to get me to take part in such things on occassion but I would soon be in tears. Luckily, he never pushed the issue too hard. He knew it just was not my thing. My thing would be feeding, talking too, petting the chicken and rabbits and cleaning up their mess. So much better than killing them!:)Although, I always felt a little guilty about it because I thought at the time, what if I HAD to do it?
Anyway, you take care Patty and I pray that you and your family keep the faith and keep strong.
Sincerely,
~Salina
hugs to the little one :)
I'm so happy for you with both your daughters with you. I'm in the same boat. Alice lives five minutes away and Em more like a four hour drive away. Nothing makes me happier than all my offspring, kids and grandkids, under one roof. So sorry to hear about Mei-Lings infection. I keep praying for her well-being, and strength, comfort and calm for all of you.

Popular Posts