Rainy Morning....












Autumn rains dancing on rooftops and soaking my skin...too warm for a jacket.
Cat sitting warm and snug inside the barn by the window. Goats looking longingly out of the barn doorway to the grass they love to munch. Chickens running for the shelter of their hen house and me...I am just wandering in the rain, hiding my camera lens but getting soaked myself. A few flowers in bloom. Pumpkins and Indian corn adding color here and there. Bunches of "new" green springing up in the fall garden set against the backdrop of fading leaves on the trees. Birds taking shelter and squirrels darting across the yard. Puddles and mud, I think about jumping in a puddle just for fun and then remember that I do the laundry ! Later I walk barefooted to the mailbox and swish around in the newly made creek. A bit childlike and a lot of fun. I decide to forget about germs and such and just be silly for a moment.

Comments

Popular Posts