Cold Front Arrived


It was a stormy morning....and now its turning out to be a stormy evening. A cold front is making its way here and bringing even a tornado to the south. I am enjoying feeling the need for a flannel shirt. Cool is good !
Melanie had a Doctors appointment today, so we both decided to have our flu shots while there. I choose to have one because of my numerous bouts with pneumonia that have just about taken my life a couple times. I like to avoid anything that could turn nasty. While at the Doctors office, the scale reminded me that I have gotten off my healthy eating so, along with not feeling tons of energy. Now, with some level of commitment I will go back to a little looser translation of the "You Are What You Eat" way of eating. For the most part we eat pretty healthy. "Sure" you are saying to yourself after reading about my Latte addiction. Apart from the coffee, we are pretty careful about how we eat. So maybe I will have to use some sort of restraint for a few weeks until I detox the old body and then just keep eating healthy but with a latte now and again.
Also renewing my membership to the fitness center. I love working out, really I do. I could be one of those people that spends hours every day at the gym. Those endorphins from exercise make you feel so alive, plus it helps me get into good shape for backpacking and hiking.
It will be good to get back into Tai Chi, which is a huge love of mine.
I have no desire to just sit back and get out of shape and start feeling like an old lady. I don't like limitations.


Comments

Janette said…
I have become rather limited. I wish there was a Tai Chi group here. Maybe I simply need to look:>)
Tina Leigh said…
Hey Patty
If you've had pneumonia several times...you can get a pneumo-vac also. You only have to get it every 5 years. Tina
Patty said…
Hi Tina Leigh,
I have had my quota of pneumovax. It is suggested that you have one booster after 5 years, and they reccomend no more than 3 in your lifetime unless you are aspleenic, then I think you can have more.
Patty said…
Hi Janette, I hope you can find a Tai Chi group. Its such a good form of exercise and healing.
Marianna said…
You visited Central Market...my most favorite of all grocery stores! I'm so thrilled to be close to one again...

Hope all went well at the dr's.

Marianna

Popular Posts