Monday Gratitudes



Today I am ever so grateful for a number of things.... first on the list today due to its impact on my day is that Melanie is sick with a sinus infection. Fever, and just plain feeling miserable. Now of course that is not the thing I am grateful for, but I am grateful that we live just a few doors away so that Casi could bring both her and the baby over on his way to work. Mei-Ling just cannot afford to catch any bugs so Melanie has to stay clear of her until the antibiotics have had a chance to work. I am so grateful to be close and still that stay home mom that is available all the time to help.
I am so grateful, so blessed today to have our little Mei-Ling here, sharing freely her smiles, her laughs and yes, even her growls. Her daddy taught her to growl, not on purpose but simply because she would laugh every time he growled at her so he would keep doing it, she is a smart baby and was growling in no time. This sweet tiny girl now growls and thinks its quite funny. It really is, but....I try not to encourage her.
I am grateful that the trees all needed trimming, its not a fun job and my arms sure got a workout with that saw, but rewarding for so many reasons. The trees look better and it provides us with much needed kindling for the wood stove this coming fall and winter. There is something wonderful about doing a job that you know will bring such benefits.
I am blessed by so many things and so many people.
My loving husband that gives his whole heart to his family...my children that give me a sense of well being, of pride and joy. For grandchildren, a reward beyond words.
For our simple life, and for so many years of peace, for a pleasant journey through life without baggage. For decisions early on to live life where seeking God has been the first order of business. We seek and yes we have looked in a few wrong corners but we have always been seeking. We have discovered that a spiritual life is not the same as trying to be religious nor has it much to do with church membership.
For the very breath that enters my body each and every day, I am grateful.
Miss Mei-Ling today, a sweet baby that endures so much. Maybe her tube will come out this week, we can hope and pray !

Comments

Mimi said…
it is so fortunate that Melanie and Mei-Ling can come stay with you while Melanie recovers... and of course you can get in a little extra loving on Mei-Ling while you are at it!!
I pray that the little sweet thing can get the tube out very soon....
I love the pictures of her!!!
nancyr said…
She has such beautiful, expressive eyes!
Grancy
Lucy said…
mei Ling is so darling :-) . and yoru are a great mom/granny to help Melissa so much !
Marci said…
Is Melanie feeling better Pat?

Popular Posts