Family Night




It was a busy day of baking and cooking since everyone was coming over for supper, well Melissa and James were missing, but maybe someday they will be close enough to come over for our family meal times.
What a joy to have the two babies here. I feel so blessed. Emery just came over to me, gave me a hug and said, "you are so extra happy when you have everyone here". He said it shows all over my face and I suspect its true...its just such a good feeling to have my children gathered around me. But, oh how I miss Melissa.
We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, fried cabbage, and glazed carrots for our meal and for dessert, freshly baked pumpkin rolls with bowls of vanilla ice cream. Iced Peach tea quenched our thirst. Simple fare but hearty and satisfying. I love watching everyone interact and feeling an immense sense of satisfaction seeing my children grown into delightful adults and good parents. We have pretty much adopted Casi's friend Matt, he had nothing to say in the matter really, we just have made him part of the family. Mei-Ling loves her uncle Matt and gives him the best smiles. Matt was so kind this past week, he went to Melanie and Casi's house and cleaned it for them while so much was going on and did all their laundry.

Here are some pictures from tonight
Steven with Elizabeth
Mei-Ling enjoying the attention
Mei-Ling is already a book worm at 4 1/2 months
Elizabeth almost asleep in Mommy's arms

Comments

Christine said…
such beautiful girls! The picture of Mei-Ling with the book is priceless and I love the pig tails :) My oldest son has long enough hair for pig tails but somehow I don't think he'd go for it, haha!
Aunt Jenny said…
Wonderful pictures...I wish my grown boys were close enough to come home so often for family dinners! Lucky you to have two babies so close by!!!! Isn't it fun to be a granny???
mary said…
your grandbabies are so beautiful... each in their own way. Elizabeth looks so much like her daddy and mei ling the book worm is such a great photo.

Mary

Popular Posts