It's happened again, and it seemed to just sort of sneak in

This morning I was looking for something to wear to town. I was feeling a bit oh I don't know, a bit, chic. But there in my closet stood a bunch of lazy comfort clothes....elastic waist cotton knit pants and tee shirts. How could this be ? Where did all the cute things go ? Way back in the far end of the closet, but not one cute summer shirt. I was beginning to see a connection. In summer I get lazy about my appearance. Could that be why I always join the fitness center in fall ? I wake up with the first cool breeze and see that summer is my lazy about me time.
Same for my eating, in summer I just mindlessly prepare quick meals. Sometimes we even sit in the living room to eat, no table set pretty.
It's time once again to wake from this slumber of laziness and get back to remembering that the first time someone sees you, you are presenting yourself in a way that may just create a lasting impression. Time to toss the baggy cotton knits out the door, get the very unfeminine tee shirts out of the dresser and remember how good it feels to look nice. Not to be caught up in vanity but to look nice, a bit chic, to hold your head up and turn the head of your husband as he sees you walk across the room. Time to start walking and time to climb stairs. Time to shop with a small basket instead of a huge cart. Time to take some steps back to the place I need to be. Maybe time again to read, "French Woman Don't Get Fat" http://www.frenchwomendontgetfat.com


Comments

Meredith said…
As always, I needed that reminder.
2 LMZ FARMS said…
I need to remember to try to make myself look half way decent but I let life and the farm get in the way. Thanks, I needed to be reminded. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.

Laura
nancyr said…
The same thing "hit" me about six weeks ago. So, I decided to get serious about loosing weight! I have been more successful that I thought possible, and have gone down a size.
I have given lots of clothing to Goodwill and bought much more flattering clothing there, too. No one has noticed that I have lost 13 pounds, but that is okay, because I feel great!
I think that with the onset on autumn, we have more energy, and more drive. There must be something to the phrase, "lazy, hazy days of summer!
Now if we can just stay motivated!
Mimi said…
WOW
that hurt!
OK you are right It's time to pull out my wanna be clothes... and work on fitting in them again!!!
Phase II said…
I am new to this but after reading your post i had to respond. Amen...each morning i look in my closet and see frumpy and frumpier. It is time to get my body back in shape and get clothes that look decent on me.
Barb

Popular Posts